Prim. med. univ. Kurt Freudenschuss was the head of the department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery of BKH Lienz for 6 years.
After studying human medicine in Innsbruck and a 3-year training as a general practitioner at the BKH Lienz, he completed his specialist training at the ENT-Univ.-Klinik Graz from 1998 to 2002 under the direction of Univ.-Prof. Dr. Heinz Stammberger.
Following the specialist training, he remained for another 9 years until August 2011 as a senior physician at the Graz Clinic, at that time one of the world´s most renowned centers on sinus surgery.
In 2011 he moved to Lienz as head of the department of Otolaryngology.
He is an expert in functional endoscopic sinus surgery (after so-called Grazer school), a particulary gentle, minimally invasive surgical technique, which is used with great success in chronic of recurrent severe inflammation of the paranasal sinuses.
Another focus of his work is the snoring diagnostics and in particular surgical snoring tehrapy of both adults and children.
In particular, he specializes in low-bleeding surgical procedures for the reduction of pediatric and juvenile palate and pharyngeal tonsils ("tonsillotomy", "intracapsular tonsillectomy", "Coblation adenotomy"), for which he also operates internationally in the training of ENT physicians.
Place of birth: Innsbruck, Austria
Marital status: married, 3 children
Education and professional activities:
- since July 2017: Department of Otolaryngology of the BRIXSANA private clinic
- Oct. 2014: Appointment as Visiting Professor of the Medical University of Vienna
- since Nov. 2011: Head of Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery of the Hospital Lienz, Austria; Academic teaching department of the Medical Universities of Vienna and Graz
- 2010 - 2011: University course for medical executives, Medical University of Graz
- 2002 - 2011: Senior Physician at the Department of General ENT of the Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery of the Medical University of Graz, Austria (Heads of Department: Prof. Dr. H. Stammberger, Prof. Dr. G. Friedrich, Univ Dr. M. Moser)
- 1998 - 2002: Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery at the Department of General ENT, the Department of Phoniatrics and the Department of Neuro-oncology of the Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery of the Medical University of Graz, Austria
- Oct 1997 - April 1998: Jus practicandi, general practitioner
- 1994 - 1997: Apprenticeship at the Department of Internal Medicine (Board: Prof. Dr. P. Lechleitner) and at the Department of Anesthetics and Intensive Care Medicine (Board: Prim. Dr. P. Vergeiner), training as a general practitioner, BKH Lienz, Austria
- Oct 1993 - June 1994: Basic medical training and emergency training at Innsbruck Military Hospital and at the Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine of the Medical University of Innsbruck, Austria
- 1986 - 1993: Study of Medicine at the Leopold-Franzens-University Innsbruck, Austria
- Rhinology and Rhinosurgery, in particular FESS (Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery - Endoscopic Sinus Surgery)
- Sleep medicine of adults and children (diagnostics and surgical therapy)
- Pediatric ENT
- travel medical attendants (including Kilimanjaro, Antarctic, Arctic, Cambodia and Vietnam, etc.)
Diplomas of the Austrian Medical Association:
- ÖÄK-training diploma
- ÖÄK diploma for emercency medicine
- ÖÄK dploma in manual medicine
BRIXSANA private clinic
I -39042 Brixen
Tel. +39 0472 824800
Fax +39 0472 824804
monday - thursday
7:30 - 18:00
7:30 - 17:00
monday - thursday
8:00 - 17:00
8:00 - 12:30